This half term, the children have had lots of new Genius Time options to choose from. They had the option to gain skills in dance, art, team challenge, chess, gardening, cooking and badminton.
Here are some photos from dance:
Here are some photos from badminton:
A big well done to all the children for participating in our football Interclass today. The Year 5 team were very impressed with the good sportsmanship they saw among the children!
Well done to 5Y for winning the football tournament!
In Health and Wellbeing this half term, we learned lots of new things about valuing differences and relationships.
Knowledge we have gained:
- Recognised the factors that make people similar and different
- Identify how anti-social behaviour can affect wellbeing
- Develop strategies to help challenge and handle anti-social behaviour
- Know what discrimination is
- Know what conflict resolution means
Skills we have learnt and used:
- Respecting people’s similarities and differences in my class
- Understand how people may feel if they experience anti-social behaviour
- Understand what bullying is
- Understanding the consequences of anti-social behaviour, such as bullying and discrimination
- Use strategies to solve conflicts
“Bullying is something that happens consistently, not someone like teasing you but it happens all the time.”
“You could use coconut crack to solve conflicts.” – Dani
“Everyone can do everything so we shouldn’t discriminate.”
A big congratulations to the following children for receiving a Class Teacher Award this week:
5A – Caitlin and Shreyasi
5C – All of 5C
5G – Danila
5S – All of 5S
5Y – Ollie T and Harry